CHI Health Good Samaritan AirCare is the longest operating original air ambulance service in Nebraska. Since the inception of our program, we have shared a business partnership with Rodgers Helicopter Service, LLC to provide the aviation support of our service. Accredited by CAMTS*, AirCare is also one of the safest, fastest and most advanced emergency medical services in the state.
Choose AirCare, here’s why:
AirCare transports patients in a Bell 429. Light and agile for scene mission response with a 172 mph cruising speed.
Other features of the Bell 429:
- XM Aviation Weather with Nexrad radar
- Radar Altimeter
- Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System
- Air Traffic Collision Avoidance Warning System
- Capabilities of Category A performance for departures and landings
- Single-pilot Instrument Flight Rules rated
- Onboard satellite communications and tracking
- High intensity LED lighting in the patient cabin
- Configured for night vision goggle use
AirCare’s equipment and staff are prepared to transport two patients without notice. Especially helpful for an accident involving multiple patients.
AirCare is based at Good Samaritan, a verified ACS Level II Trauma Center and AHA Chest Pain and Stroke Center. Being hospital-based, also allows staff immediate access to lifesaving products like blood and critical care medications that can be carried onboard.
AirCare will transport patients to any medical facility the provider requests
*Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services